Sunday, February 12, 2017

Rhen in Pencil

October of 2015 I sat with the Simpsons Halloween House of Horror episodes on loop and started in on a huge 2 ft. by 4 ft. piece of butcher paper with pencils and smudgers. I got maybe 5 whole loops on the House of Horror episodes before drawing all those goddamn little trees started to drive me mad (shoot me if I ever try that again). I was complaining to a friend during one of our playtests and he said why don't you just make a stamp in photoshop and stamp a bunch of trees. Well, after a few hours of fiddling with Photoshop I realized I should probably have had at least some idea of how to use it before I gave up and shelled out for scanning it in a special scanner, but as it turns out I didn't have the faintest clue and after a few more frustrating hours I found someone to help me. The trade off was they basically painted over it. It looked good so I carried on with my life. In the past year, however, I learned how to use Photoshop. I'm still not very good at it, but hell if I don't know how to stamp trees now. So here it is, my wonderfully smudged map of Rhen in pencil.



And for the bonus round. At some point, I'll gain a cursory knowledge of Illustrator and I'll make an editable version, but in the meantime, I made a character sheet with Photoshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment